Best Mattress Toppers for Side Sleepers
For side sleepers, your spine must be direct while you sleep. Should you bend into the side sometimes as you are sleeping, it is completely normal; however, staying in that place for the entire night is not healthy. It would be best if you elected to get the best mattress toppers for your long-term wellness, which supports ideal spine recovery. You don’t have to select one that is extremely firm, but it should prevent excessive bending of the spine.
Table of Contents
Why Mattress Toppers Recommend for Side Sleepers
Have you ever tried lying on your side onto a hardwood flooring or a slab of concrete? It is uncomfortable, right?
There is a reason it is so embarrassing, and it has to do with something called stress points.
Both main pressure points for side sleepers would be the shoulders and buttocks. What happens is that side sleepers concentrate the majority of their weight in these areas. It is a very simple law of gravity.
Elements of your body will elongate, and others will stay flat, which lets your spine seem like a straight line when you see it from the side.
The problem happens when a bed surface is either too hard or too soft. If it’s too tough, those focused weight areas cannot sink enough to allow for a neutral backbone. If the bed is too soft, then the body will sink a lot.
Either scenario is a really good invitation for sleepless nights and back pain.
Due to this situation, side sleepers have to take additional care when buying mattresses, toppers, and pads. They require a sleeping surface that accommodates their uneven fat loss, and not just any topper is going to do.
Benefit for Side sleeper for their Sleep Posture
Side sleepers can rejoice that this sleep posture may have some special benefits over other places. Sure, it’s easier for some people to fall asleep on their side than their spine, but according to topbestbedding, when properly encouraged, side sleeping can:
- Help decrease joint pain, reduce pain, and even some chronic pain associated with specific medical conditions, including carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Cut down snoring or issues with sleep, which can lead to long-term complications.
- Boost better brain health.
- Research has found that sleeping on your right side may help individuals who have cardiac issues.
- Boost digestive function and Give some relief from issues such as eczema.
- Foster better body Generally functioning, for (Some think that this helps your organs process toxins better.
What Is Mattress Topper?
If you’re not completely happy with your mattress, you do not necessarily need to substitute it. That’s expensive, and you may run into precisely the very same problems with your bed. Instead, invest in a good firm mattress topper. Keep reading to find out what is a mattress topper and what different types of mattress toppers are on the market. We’ve also added the very best rated mattress toppers to allow you to pick.
A mattress topper is a piece of removable bedding that sits on top of a mattress. It’s possible to think of it as a more compact mattress on top of your actual mattress. Having a fantastic topper, you can quickly correct your bed’s comfort, softness, support, and luxury.
Some sites utilize the conditions of mattress topper and mattress pad interchangeably. But they are slightly distinct. Best Mattress toppers are usually thicker, while mattress pads are inclined to be relatively thin. While toppers are made to compensate for the mattress’s shortcoming, the mattress pad is used to protect from allergies or fluids, such as temperature regulation. Additionally, it may add some light cushioning to your mattress, even though that is not its primary purpose.
Memory foam Mattress Toppers Offers Comfort to Side Sleepers
I am sure that you’ve heard of memory foam before. It is by far the most popular material for best firm mattress toppers. And rightfully so.
Memory foam is one type of polyurethane foam. In simplest terms, it’s some unique properties that put it apart from other ordinary mattresses. It is temperature-sensitive and becomes even more firm, or viscose, in colder temperature. If you were to place memory foam in a refrigerator, it could become brick rigid. In its viscose state, it is slow to recover from compression. So, if you press your hand to a cool memory foam mattress topper, then it is going to take a few minutes to recoup its original shape. It is like it recalls your handprint. Thus, the name memory foam.
This material conforms to the body and assists it. People who are side sleepers with back or hip pain have found relief in memory foam mattress toppers.
There are two top things to keep in mind if you consider a memory foam mattress topper for side sleepers: density and thickness.
The density of best mattress toppers on bed ranges typically from 2 to 6+ pounds per cubic feet. The higher the density, the greater the topper supports your entire body. That is why greater densities are far better for heavier individuals – they provide more support. 4 to 5 lbs per cubic feet is a fantastic choice of firm mattress topper for most people. It offers a nice balance of softness and support.
The Memory Foam mattress toppers do not change as much in thickness as they do in density. If you’ve got a company mattress and are happy with it, choose a 1- or 2-inch thick mattress topper to include a touch of softness. 3-inch mattress toppers are a fantastic option for the majority of people for the best comfort. They provide excellent support to a neck and spine and therefore are thicker. If you’re searching for full-on support and luxury, choose a 4-inch memory foam mattress topper. It will fully adjust to your body shape and improve the experience specially for those who sleep side way.
What's the difference between a mattress toppers, pad, and protector?
Can a mattress pad help me sleep more comfortably, or do I certainly require a thick mattress topper? Can a mattress protector impact my sleep in any respect? Before you select one, you must understand what each item does and how they can or cannot help you.
Mattress protectors are helpful, but not necessarily for the level of your sleep. Protectors, pads, or covers are designed to preserve the durability of the mattress and protect you from allergens such as dust mites.
Mattress pads are likely to make your mattress a bit comfier and firm on the bed but won’t change your entire body’s support while sleeping. Gently protect the mattress like a pillowcase to pillow and duvet cover to duvet do, but mattress topper also includes a little firmness & softness to your sleep surface. You might even buy heated mattress pads to warm the bed up in cold winter heating or heating pads for the hotter months. Still, it’s about comfort rather than support.
Buying Guide for Mattress Toppers for Side Sleepers
Finding the best mattress topper can take some time. However, there are certain factors you can look out for so that you end up with the right choice specially for Side Sleepers.
You’ll need a mattress topper that is soft enough to shape your body’s curves properly. If you are Side sleepers you may experience lack adequate support to neck, shoulder, and spine with ordinary mattress toppers. The firmness of your mattress toppers may also be dependent on your size. If you are on the obsessed side, you are going to require a thicker mattress topper. If you are on the less body weight can go for milder mattress topper will likely be suitable for you.
If it comes to materials, there’s no one size fits all. The perfect mattress material is dependent upon the mattress construction, in addition to your taste, assemble, and dimensions. Memory Foam is frequently used by side sleepers for stress relief, and mattresses using internal springs are also an excellent choice as they support body weight and encourage body contouring perfect choice for side sleepers.
If you reside in a warm and humid place, this can be an essential aspect to take into account. If your mattress does not have proper venting, you are going to feel hot and stuffy during the night, preventing you from appreciating your sleep. Be sure your mattress supports adequate airflow. Gel-infused mattress toppers for side sleepers is an excellent choice as it guarantees your body heat is dispersed evenly allowing you to sleep comfortably.
Like us on Facebook for more latest bedding makeover.
Best Mattress Toppers
LUCID Memory Foam Mattress Topper 4 Inch
- 4-inch thick 100% premium memory foam mattress topper
- LUCID memory foam formula offers superior comfort and pressure relief
- Open cell technology prevents lasting body impressions
- Ventilated design improves airflow and helps regulate temperature
- New foam scent is normal and will dissipate over the first 48 hours after opening; this product features a 3-year warranty
LUCID has a significant collection of mattress toppers. But this one is especially good for anyone who have back pain. This mattress topper is 4″ Thick and has a density of 3 lb/ft3. The ventilated design helps regulate temperature, so the topper won’t run too hot during the evening. You might observe a foam scent once you first open the mattress topper. This is completely normal and should disappear in a couple of days after opening.
Sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Full XL, Queen, RV Queen, King, Cal King
Price: From $110
ViscoSoft Foam Mattress Topper 3 Inch
- Gel-infused memory foam topper is engineered to optimize air flow and reduce trapped body heat.
- 3-inch, high-density memory foam formula aligns your spine, helps relieve common pressure points and prevent you from sinking into foam
- Breathable mattress topper helps relieve pain, reduce pressure points,
- Comes with a machine washable, bamboo-rayon cover that features a slip resistant mesh with adjustable elastic straps that keep the topper secured to the
- 60-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Viscosoft’s gel-infused memory foam mattress topper is 3″ thick, with a density of 3.5 lb/ft3. It’s the ideal balance for support, which makes this one of the ideal mattress toppers for lower back pain. The topper aligns to a spine, relieving common pressure points. It provides enough support, so that you won’t tap into the mattress. We love that the topper is coated with a removable bamboo rayon cover, which it is simple to remove and wash. Bamboo is a breathable material, so it will keep the temperature from rising too high throughout the night.
Sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King
Price: From $120
Best Firm Mattress Toppers For Back Pain
ViscoSoft Mattress Cover & Latex Topper in One
- Gel Mattress Topper & Latex Topper in One – Made in USA with revolutionary gel-infused latex foam
- Soft Mattress Topper – Comes with 1-inch machine washable pillow top mattress topper cover
- Fits Twin Size Mattress – Our twin firm mattress topper dimensions are 39″ Wide x 75″ Long
- Gel mattress topper queen has a unique combination of gel latex foam & plush down alternative cover
- 60 Day Guarantee for my pillow topper – 100% No hassle money back from our USA-based brand
Here is a different mattress topper from Viscosoft that surely makes the best pick. This topper is made of gel infused latex foam. Which means that it is both memory foam and latex. There are a lot of fantastic aspects concerning this mattress topper. It supplies the ideal quantity of support for those who have back pain or hip pain. Once it lets you sink in the topper to correctly align with your backbone, it still provide you with the essential support.
Sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, Cal King
Price: From $185
Ultimate Dreams Latex Mattress Topper 3 inch
- 100% Natural Latex – No Fillers, No Synthetic Latex.
- 100% Cotton Zippered Cover Included.
- Medium Firmness (26 ILD) provides excellent support while still conforming to your curves. Great couples compromise.
- 100% Vegan. Antimicrobial & Hypoallergenic. Certified Healthy.
- 30 Day Trial. 5 Year Warranty. Twin Extra Long Size: 38″ x 80″ x 2″
Take Ten makes latex mattress toppers with different firmness levels. This one is moderate, using a density of 4.7 lb/ft3. It’s a fantastic pick for anybody with back pain, since it provides great support throughout the evening. The topper is 3″ thick and can be covered with a zippered cotton cover. We also love the fact that it’s 100% vegan and contains a 5-year guarantee. PS! If you need a thinner mattress topper, simply click on the Buy Now link below and select the right size with 2″ thickness.
Sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King
Price: From $169
Ultimate Dreams Latex Mattress Cover 3 inch
- The latex topper is available in three firmness levels: Soft (19 ILD), Medium (28 ILD), or Firm (36 ILD)
- Talalay latex provides up to 33% more pressure relief than conventional foam and fiber cushioning materials
- Contours to the shape of your body for the ultimate pressure relief and support
- Naturally breathable to help regulate body temperature throughout the night
- A durable topper that is hypoallergenic, antibacterial, and resistant to dust mites, mold, and mildew.
This mattress topper consists of Talalay latex that’s 4 times more breathable than memory foam. If you generally run hot throughout the night, here really is the thing to do. Dreamfold Bedding has toppers in 3 different firmness levels: soft, medium, company. This one is moderate, but based upon your framework, you may even go with the company one, should you want more support. It is a fantastic mattress topper for anybody who has back pain, since it provides tension relief.
Sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Short Queen, Queen, King, Cal King
Price: From $284
- Best Selling Twin Flat Sheet for your Bedding Online
- Best 1000 Thread Count Comforters and Duvet Cover Set for Bedding
- Best Blue Sheets Sets For Your Bed
- Best 1800 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton Sheets
- Best 2000 Thread Count Sheets Sets for your Bed
- Best 1200 Thread Count Sheets Sets For Your Bedding
- Best 800 Thread Count Sheets Sets
- 14 Best Easy to Use Zippered Pillow Cases and Pillow Covers
- Best 100 Cotton Pillowcases Covers and Pillowcase Sets
- Best Sweat Proof Sheets Cooling Sheets for Hot Sleeper
- What is Bed Linen
- Best Firm Mattress Toppers For Back Pain
- Best Percale Bed Sheets
- Best Affordable Linen Sheets
- Best 600 Thread Count Sheets
- Microfiber Sheets Pros and Cons
- Best Supima Cotton Sheets For Bedding
- Best 1000 Thread Count Sheets
- Best Flat Sheet for Bed: Luxuries, Breathable & Affordable
- Best Sheet Sets: Luxuries, Breathable & Affordable
- Best Washing Soda for Laundry
- Best Laundry Detergents to buy for your Sheets
- How to Get Blood Out of Your Sheets?
- What is a Duvet Cover Set
- Best Seersucker Comforter Sets this Winter
- Best Seersucker Duvet Cover Sets
- Best Seersucker Night Shorts for Boys & Mens
- Best Selling Damask Bedding Sheets
- Best Christmas Bedspread Sets
- Best Christmas Crib Sheets – Top Picks
- Best Selling Fitted Sheet Clips
- Best Cooling Duvet Cover Sets For Your Bed
- What is the Best Option ? Duvet Cover Vs Comforter
- Difference Between a Pillow Sham and Pillowcase
- Best Selling White Cotton Duvet Cover
- Best Selling Twin Fitted Sheet for your Mattress